We have made the very difficult call to book a flight back to the Netherlands. The situation here in Asia is slightly better than back in Holland but countries here are going on lockdown or closing its borders for people with an EU passport. The risk of not being able to return at all is growing by the day. This all causes so much uncertainty that we have decided to return home and await the whole situation there.
It was a very tough call, we have been enjoying Asia so much and we’ll miss everything about it but as it stands currently it is very hard to enjoy it safely and without concerns. Hopefully we’ll be back soon when this has blown over.
We fly back this Sunday and if all goes well and nothing is cancelled, we are landing in Amsterdam on Monday 13:15.
The situation is a bummer to say the least but we do realize a lot of people are way worse off than we are and have been. We will get another shot.
Thank you for visiting our blog the last few weeks and commenting on our ramblings. It has been fun!
Take care everyone and be careful.
Love, Tim and Ellen